Appears at the beginning of the game as well as in other places later on.
An Old Man.
The Isolated Plateau
- Old Man: Oho ho! Well met, stranger! It's rather unusual to see another soul in these parts
- Link: Who are you?
- Old Man: Me? I'll spare my life story. I'm just an old fool who has lived here, alone, for quite some time now. What brings a bright-eyed young man like you to a place like this?
- Link: Where are we?
- Old Man: Answering a question with a question. That is fair enough. As I cannot imagine our meeting to be a simple coincidence. I shall tell you. This is the Great Plateau. That temple there... Long ago it was the site of many sacred ceremonies. Ever since the decline of the kingdom 100 years ago, it has sat abandoned, in a state of decay. Yet another forgotten entity. A mere ghost of its former self... I shall be here for some time. Please let me know if I may be of service.
- Old Man's dialogues have been written by Eiji Aonuma himself.
- Some people think that this old man is King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule.
- Others believe that the old man is actually Ganondorf.
- "I BEG YOUR PARDON! I do believe that is my baked apple! You can't just go about taking whatever you please. Oho ho! Forgive me - I could not resist pulling your leg. Please help yourself. An Apple and an open flame make for a succulent treat." (The Old Man, after Link picks up a Baked Apple from the ground near him.)