The 50v50 Match Type was released on December 7th, 2017, and is a limited time mode.
- The Squad Match Type consists of two teams of 50 people
- Two Gigantic Teams Face-off
- Nearby teammates are marked in green after they have landed.
- Work Together
- Voice chat is squad-only, and friendly fire is disabled.
- Last Team Standing Wins
- Every player on the surviving team is victorious.
- You are assigned to a 3-4 player squad which is part of the 50 player team.
- You can use voice chat to communicate with your squad
- You see the locations and health of your squadmates
- Other players from your 50-player team are marked in green.
- Friendly fire is disabled for this match type.
- Sticking close to the group is very important to your survival in 50v50. You can win alone against a squad of 4, but you stand no chance against 15.
- Play in 50v50 centers much more around building and supporting pushes and less around maximizing loot or stealth plays. Try to stockpile ammo early on because there's never enough to go around.
- When the group is large it tends to lose track of the storm circle and give chase to enemies long past when it's safe. You can turn this behavior into a sacrifice play, indirectly killing dozens and turning the tide, by bush camping and revealing yourself at the right moment, then playing defense for as long as you can hold out.
- It's also possible to herd the group with some misdirection: Build some stairs and fire your weapon as if there were an enemy just over those hills on behind that doorway.