Wailing Woods is a forest area north of Lonely Lodge and east of Tomato Town. There is a bunker in the middle surrounded by a labyrinth, making it hard to get to. It is an ideal place for a base if the player has gear. Southwest of wailing woods, loot can be found, increasing chances of survival. It is a great starting location.
See map below.
- The center bunker is surrounded by a labyrinth that makes it hard to navigate.
- The bunker makes a good hiding place if inside the eye of the storm. Easy to defend. So if you find enough gear, consider taking a stand there.
- To the southwest there is an area with lots of shipping containers. You can usually find tons of good loot there!
- To the west there is an area with some buildings including a gas station and a big fast food place. Consider paying a visit here as you are likely to find good gear here.
- Also if you go north of Wailing Woods there is good loot