The Blind Well, found in the Font of Starlight, in the middle of the Dreaming City is a device that the Awoken have been using for a long time. It, much like the Oracle Engine, is meant to aid the Awoken in delving into other worlds.
Using the Charge of Light, the Guardians can initiate this Public Event. Using the Charge of Light in the corresponding slot in the middle of the area, you will initiate the Public Event. Up to 9 Guardians can participate at a time.
- The enemies will change week to week, going between Scorn, Hive and Taken
- Recommended Power: 520
- Minimum Power: 490
- There are 4 sections of this event that will have you moving around the area to charge the main well.
- The fifth section is a boss fight against a foe that changes based on what you are fighting that week.
- Around each of the Wells and the Blind Well itself, is a shield granting the buff Touch of the Sky.
- Moving outside the shield will give you a 4 second countdown on Touch of the Sky before it becomes Touch of the Deep.
- Once you are under the debuff Touch of the Deep you will rapidly start taking damage.
- Second Phase
- Tine Limit: 2:30
- For the second phase, you will start encountering a bit greater variety of enemies:
- You will start to encounter the Servant of the Plague.
- To kill the Servant of the Plague you will need to find and kill the Anathema.
- Killing the Anathema will cause a blue Orb to drop.
- Collecting it will grant the Harmony buff.
- Only while you have Harmony can any Guardian hurt the Servant of the Plague.
- Kill the Servant of the Plague will drop 2 Harmony Orbs.
- For the Third Phase
- Time Limit: 2:30
- Throughout the fight, you will need to find and kill the Anathema, getting the Harmony Boost, and then defeat the Servant of the Plague.
- The Fourth Phase
- Time Limit: 2:30
- Keep an eye out for the Anathema to get the Harmony orb to defeat the Servant of the Plague.
- Boss Phase
- Time Limit: 2:30
- Scorn: Tezcaa, Herald of the Plague
- There is a single boss for this phase.
- You will once again need to collect the Harmony Orbs.
- Collect them and then charge at the boss, unleashing powerful attacks to break the shield.
- Once the shield is down, you will be able to damage the boss and defeat it.
- Recommended Power: 540
- The Scorn here are largely the same throughout the whole, the biggest and most deadly, is the addition of Screebs into the waves throughout.
- While you are fighting the Boss, there will be 2 of them for this.
- Recommended Power: 560
- Heralds of the Plague will be appearing with moderate frequency throughout this area.
- There will be 3 Bosses during the fifth phase of the fight.
Tier 4 - Heroic
- Recommended Power: 580
- Minimum Light: 530
- Requires someone in the area have and deposit the Unstable Charge of Light.
- Once the Tier 3 is completed, you will get the notification, "The Well is voracious."
- Head to the central mechanism and go to the display with the spiral design.
- Interact with it while you possess an Unstable Charge of Light to trigger the Heroic Version.
Defeat Sikariis and Varkuuriis, Plagues of the Well
- Time Limit: 3:30
- To take down the shields around either Sikariis or Varkuuriis, you will need to kill Screebs by them.
- The explosion will take down the shield around the boss.
- Once the shield is down, then the Guardians can damage them.
- Be wary of the totems that Sikariis and Varkuuriis can place.
- They both can create the Void Protection Totems and the Solar Ether Torch.
- The best locations for assaulting the bosses while their shields are up is on the ledges found just above the Well itself.
- These put enough distance it is hard for the Screebs to reach the Fireteams but make it accessible for the Guardians to hit the Scorned.
- It takes about 3 waves of Screebs to bring the shield down.
- Be cautious that the boss can summon a final wave of screebs if they were killed as they were starting that animation.
Defeat Cragur, Plague of the Well
- Time Limit: 4:30
- This Hive encounter can be very difficult simply because of all the additional enemies in the area.
- There are going to be a lot of Knights scattered throughout the area.
- Expect to encounter a lot of Acolytes, Thralls and Cursed Thralls as well throughout this encounter.
- To damage the Boss, you will need to find and clear the Major enemies that will gather at the Auxiliary Wells around the Blind Well itself.
- These will be either Wizards or Ogres.
- These are found by the Auxiliary Wells to the left and the right of Cragur.
- Defeating the Majors around the Well will cause a trio of hovering Orbs to spawn.
- 3 Guardians need to collect the Orbs, and pass them to another Guardian to charge them up quickly.
- When the Orbs start to spark is when the Guardians will want to throw the Orbs at Cragur.
- Those throwing the Orbs should be the highest Light in the group for the best results.
- Being around 580 can bring the shield down in just 3 Orbs.
- Lower than that can take 6 or more Orbs to drop it.
- Once the shield is down, if there are Radiance Well Warlocks, one should drop their Super.
- Everyone gathers there and unleashes all the damage they can.
Defeat Inomina, Plague of the Well
- Time: 3:30
- This Taken Servitor will be drawing power directly from the Blind Well itself.
- It will send out smaller motes of itself to the various Auxiliary Wells.
- While these nodes are feeding, Inomina will be invulnerable.
- These will be protected by a Blight of Taken energy.
- Destroy the blight to stop the feed of energy to Inomina.
- This will begin a damage phase, letting the local Guardians attack the Servitor.
- Repeat this process, fighting through the Taken to destroy Inomina.