- Head to the Southern side of town. Go around to the back of the Southern house and wait until night.
- Listen underneath the back window that is open to begin the quest.
- You will need to find Kilton and talk with him.
- If you have not encountered Kilton, he can be found in the small eye of Skull Lake in Akkala.
- From Kilton, you will want to purchase Monster Extract for 9 Mon.
- After that, head to Rito Village and go to the Slippery Falcon to purchase Tabantha Wheat (12 Rupees) Cane Sugar (12 Rupees) and Goat Butter (12 Rupees).
- Head to any Cooking Pot and hold Monster Extract, Goat Butter, Tabantha Wheat and Cane Sugar.
- Combine all of this into a Cooking Pot to make a Monster Cake.
- With that in hand, make your way back to Tarrey Town, if you did not do the cooking there.
- Bring the cake to Ruli and offer it to her, at night.
- The scene will fast forward to morning.
- Talk with Ruli after that to complete the quest and get your reward.
- You will get a Gold Rupee for completing the quest.
Ruli: Our daughter... the only thing she'll eat is cake. Can't anything be done?
Hagie: We've scoured the world, searching for a cake that would please. None have. Imagine how much money we've spent...
Ruli: Papa, excuse me! What's more important? Money or our daughter... I see. If that's the case...Even if I have to sell my soul, I'll get my hands on a cake can cure our daughter!
Hagie: You're talking about monsters now... This is absolutely insane, Mama...
Ruli: Thank you so much! That Monster Cake... Our daughter wolfed it down with unbelievable gusto. It seems her health returned to her! I don't know what to say - I'm just so thankful! Oh, I know. This isn't much, but please take it. Could you maybe... try talking to her some time, as well.
You overheard a fight between Hagie and Ruli, husband and wife. Their daughter Hunnie is sick and won't get better if she doesn't eat. But the thing is, the only food she has an appetite for is cake, and find a particular cake to please her has proven nearly impossible. Ruli is at her wit's end, ready to even trade her soul to a monster if it means finding a cake her daughter will eat.
Where are you going to find a suitable cake?
- Kilton begins at Skull Lake but after that he will appear in 1 of a number of locations.
- The Fang and Bone moves around and only appears at night.