List of Legendary Loot (Orange) drop locations. For another Legendary Info Page, click here, Borderlands 2 Orange Loot Farming Locations by Area.
- 1 How to get legendary loot
- 2 Assault Rifles
- 3 Pistols
- 4 Rocket Launchers
- 5 Norfleet
- 6 Shotguns
- 7 Sniper Rifles
- 8 Sub Machine Guns
- 9 Shields
- 10 Grenade Mods
- 11 Class Mods
- 12 Relics
- 13 Heads
- 14 Skins
- 15 Vehicle Skins
How to get legendary loot
The best way to get orange (Legendary) items is to farm the bosses at the locations listed below. Drop rates for orange rarity items are low, but after you have killed the bosses enough times they will eventually drop legendary loot. The average drop rate for Legendaries are about 5% at maximum. (Around a 1/20 chance to drop), but many have lower drop rates. For example, Sledge's Shotgun has a drop rate of 3.5%. Any legendary can be obtained as a world drop from any entity or boss which is a 1 in 10000 chance.
All of the DLC raid bosses in the game all have a chance to drop ANY legendary item.
They can also be gained from the Slot Machines (very rare), the Vending Machines (also very rare), and treasure chests (also very rare - one player did 3 full playthroughs including both DLCs and only ever found 1 legendary in a chest.)
If you own Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage DLC, you can buy Torgue Legendary Weapons from Torgue Vending Machines using Torgue Tokens. This is the easiest way to get weapons such as the Unkempt Harold.
Since the loot midgets are now considered legendary, in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, there is a chance to find ANY legendary item from them, and you also have the same chance to get a pearlescent (if you have the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack) from them too.
Drops from McNally, The Dust ("The Bane"), and Loot Midgets
- "Unusually high bullet damage compared to similar rifles."
- High damage, typical Jakobs assault rifle. Rare chance of dropping from The Warrior.
- After completing "The Bane" he spawns after every save/quit.
See: Horse Hammer Buster
Drops from Midgemong, Southern Shelf, Torgue Venders, BNK3R and Loot Midgets.
- "Torgue got more BOOM!"
- Typical Torgue Assault Rifle; very high damage, slow projectile speed, low fire rate, high ammo consumption.
- Fires a typical Torgue gyrojet (bullet sized rocket) that create grenades upon impact.
See: Nasty KerBlaster
Drops from Mad Dog (Lynchwood), loot midgets, and Warrior.
- "It's a Madhouse, A MADHOUSE!!!!"
- Typical Bandit Assault Rifle: Very high magazine size and all stats are decent, dye to the bullet splitting, this can be used with the bee shield effectively.
- Bullets fired split into two upon impact and bounce off walls, bullets travel faster after every bounce. Extremely difficult to aim due to this.
- It also takes a while to reload, very tedious to use.
Drops from Invincible DLC bosses (Pyro Pete the Invincible, Master Gee the Invincible, Hyperius the Invincible), the Warrior, and legendary loot midgets.
Does not drop from Bonehead 2.0, as many people believed. Bonehead 2.0 drops the similarly named Bone Shredder SMG.
- "Speed Kills."
- Extended barrel spin duration; after firing has ceased, will continue to have a high rate of fire for longer than usual.
Drops from Mobley (The Dust), BNK3R, loot midgets, and evolving Varkid pods.
- "I want that rifle Daddy"
- Typical Dahl Assault Rifle: Burst fire, high accuracy, relatively high damage, slow fire rate, reasonable magazine size, surprisingly fast ammo consumption due to burst fire.
- Effect: 3-projectile horizontal spread. Spread size shrinks while zoomed. Fires 2 ammo per shot, but fires 3 shots.
See: Feral Veruc
Drops from King of Ork (a leveled up Warlord Slog) in the 6th (repeatable) round of the Magic Circle of Slaughter In Tiny Tina's Assult On Dragons Keep, also drops from Duke of Ork (a leveled up Warlord Turge) in Mines of Avarice. After you completed all 5 rounds of slaughter you get a badass round. survive until wave 5 and kill the warlord slog. He needs to level up.
- "Ogres chew their food."
- Effect: Increased fire rate, increased damage, bigger magazine.
- It does not consume multiple rounds per shot, similar to most Torgue weapons.
- It is an attractive weapon that deals great damage with a decent rate of fire at only 5.2
- Access to this weapon requires Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLC.
See: Nasty Ogre
Drops from Laney White (The Fridge) and loot midgets.
- "Abt Natural."
- Huge clip size.
- Always corrosive.
- DROP RATE : 32.19% chance
See: Baynaneted Gub
Drops from Rakkman (The Fridge)
- "Give it a burl"
- When fling-reloaded, it acts like a boomerang homing in on the nearest enemy. If no enemies are nearby, it will fly behind you and explode.
- Try not to walk backwards while reloading.
- It can also drop with elemental damage.
Drops from Knuckle Dragger (Windshear Waste) loot midgets,and random gun chests.
- "Fear The Swarm"
- Burst-fire is 5 bullets instead of the normal 2 for pistols.
- Very short after the first corrosive effect happens a second one appears.
- Drop Rate 19.6%
See: Neutralizing Hornet
Drops from Doc Mercy (Three Horns Valley), Gold Golem (DLC Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep), and loot midgets.
- "It's closer than you think! (no it isn't)"
- Does not consume ammo.
- Recoil causes the bullets to always shoot in an infinity pattern.
- No speed decrease while aiming down the sights.
- Mediocre damage and inaccurate down sights.
- May also spawn with elemental damage.
- Drop Rate 0.17%
See: Rapid Infinity
Drops from Wilhelm (End of the Line), Pyro Pete,and Loot Midgets.
- "Gun, Gunner!"
- Always Fire element.
- When fired at an enemy, the bullet passes through and creates a small weak explosion.
- For best effectiveness, shoot at the feet of enemies, as the bullets explode 3 times when it hits a surface.
- Use with the Sham shield for rocket launcher ammo replenishing.
See: Dynamic Logan's Gun
Drops from Mick Zaford (The Dust)
- Monty's wife don't take no guff.
- Shoots a 6 projectile spread at the price of 1 bullet.
- Side with Hodunks during "Clan War"
- If you side with Mick Zaford, you cannot try and farm to gain the maggie.
See: Trick Shot Maggie
- "I can have such a thing?"
- Always Electric element.
- Upon impact, shots turn into a large large ball of electricity that when fired on the ground slowly raises, then explodes.
- First shot does AOE damage, slight delay before a secondary explosion.
- Quite effective at taking out large amounts of shielded enemies.
Drops from Savage Lee (Three Horns Divide), raid bosses, legendary loot midgets, the warrior, or it may be purchased from Torgue Venders in Mister Torque's campaign of carnage DLC for 613 Torgue Tokens.
- "Did I fire six shots, or only five? Three? Seven? Whatever."
- Consumes 6 ammo per shot if it has the prefix " Double Penetrating".
- Fires 1 bullet, which splits into 3, then 5, then 7.
- Like all Torgue weapons, always explosive.
Farming Videos: Unkempt Harold Farming Guides
Drops from King Mong in the Eridium Blight (random spawn).
- When it shoots, 6 bullets leave the rocket at the cost of one 1 rocket ammo per shot.
- Like most other bandit weapons, it has a massive clip size reducing the time you have to spend reloading on a rocket launcher.
See: Big Badaboom
Drops from chubby enemies and chest in Marcus DLC.
- "Hoppity Hoppity!"
- Deals bonus explosive damage.
- Explodes like a grenade when reloaded.
- After reloading, bounces around like a bunny, dropping grenades as it goes (droppings)
Drops from Dukino's Mom (Lynchwood) and loot midgets.
- "The Horde will always return!"
- Costs 2 ammo per shot.
- Fires a single rocket that shoots off 'mini-rockets' in a spiral formation as it travels.
- The mongol also has unique white text, the only weapon to have this: "Consumes reduced ammo per shot" like every Vladof launcher, but below it reads "Just kidding, no it doesn't".
See: Paritisan Mongol
Drops from Vermivorous the Invincible and Hyperius the Invincible.
- Blows up Everything!
- It's red text is orange
- Fires 3 rockets per shot, which have a blue aura when blown up.
- Extremely large blast radius, easily spanning half of Pyro Pete's actual bar.
- Can spawn with any element but explosive.
See: Prudential Norfleet
Dropped from the Black Queen
- "Name Dropper"
- Fires off a rocket that flies in an arc towards the target.
- HUGE blast area and quite possibly the strongest rocket launcher out there.
- The huge blast area can easily kill you if you fire it too closely to yourself.
See: derp Nukem
Drops from Incinerator Clayton (Frostburn Canyon) and Clark the Combusted Cryptkeeper (TK's Baha DLC)
- "It's actually a fairly rational fear in this case."
- Always Fire.
- Explodes several times as it travels before running into something.
- One should take care when firing, it's not unheard of that players will damage themselves from one of the earlier explosions.
- Acquiring a Punitory Pyrophobia (increased rocket speed) negates the need for this caution, but the explosions are more spread out.
See: Plenteous Pyrophobia
Drops from The Warrior (Vault of the Warrior), loot midgets, Handsome Sorcerer, and Pyro Pete the Invincible.
- "Let's just ping everyone all at once."
- After hitting something or flying far enough, creates more bullets that spawn out perpendicularly from the impact point.
- Can drop with all forms of elemental damage, including slag.
- Drop Rate 0.1%
Drops from Tumbaa (Wildlife Exploitation Preserve), golden golem, and loot midgets.
- "Kiki got a shotgun"
- When flung-reload, homes in on an enemy (similar to the Gunerang), while still firing.
- Comparable to Mordecai's Action Skill from the first Borderlands game, in the sense that the gun targets enemies and fires at them until it collides/after a set time of being reloaded.
- As Tediore reloads do not break Zero's Action Skill, this gun can be used to devastating effect by Assassins.
- It has unlimited ammo when tracking enemies.
- Can be dropped with any elemental type
See: Original Deliverance
Drops from The Warrior (Vault of the Warrior), BNK3R, Handsome Sorcerer,Loot Midgets, and from Torgue Venders in the Torgue DLC.
- "Flak the World"
- Fires a wall of rockets exploding at short range.
- Due to the fact you can only hit your targets at a certain range, it is not a great all around weapon.
See: Bad Touch Flakker
Drops from Smash-Head (The Fridge) loot midgets and moxxis vending machine .
- "The Legend Lives"
- Burst-fires 4 shots per shot. Slow fire rate.
- Drop Rate: 3.5%
Drops from Ol' Slappy (The Highlands - Outwash) and Loot Midgets.
- "Fandir? Thirteen."
- High damage and accuracy.
- Drop Rate From Ol' Slappy 3.2%
- Drop Rate From Loot Midgets 0.09%
Drops from Saturn (Arid Nexus - Badlands), Spiderant's piles (Extremely Rare), and slot machine in Moxxi's Bar.
- "The Executioner has arrived."
- Burst-fires 5 shots, just like Dahl guns.
- Normal Hyperion stabilizer effect.
- Has an added effect, as you stay zoomed in on scope, accuracy increases without shooting a single bullet.
- Drop Rate 9.99%
See: Venture Invader
Drops from Badass Creepers (Caustic Caverns).
- "Ceci n'est pas une sniper rifle!"
- Fires slow moving projectiles shaped like Minecraft styled arrows.
- Always incendiary.
- Always spawns without a scope.
- Drop Rate 5.2%
Drops from Gettle (The Dust), and loot midgets.
- "Man Killer"
- Bullets split into 3 after a certain distance.
- High fire rate.
- Very large magazine for a sniper rifle.
- Full auto.
- On PC and PS3 it is known as Lyuda. However on Xbox it is known as the White Death (pre-patch).
- Burst-Fires shots in a 'V' line of 5.
- Drop Rate From Terramorphous 5.1%
- Drop Rate From Pyro Pete 3.8%
See: Night Pitchfork
Drops from Son of Mothrakk (Wildlife Exploitation Preserve), slot machine in Moxxi's Bar, and loot midgets.
- "Makes your brains hurt."
- Fires 5 bullets for the cost of one, fired in a tightly-packed spread, not unlike a shotgun, although the spread does not expand until very long ranges.
- However, one bullet is always in the middle of this spread, so at least one bullet will always hit a long-ranged target.
- Drop Rate 5.4%
See: Skookum Skullmasher
Drops from The Warrior (Vault of the Warrior), Terramorphous, Handsome Sorcerer, and loot midgets.
- "Pele humbly requests a sacrifice, if it's not too much trouble."
- This is a variation on the Volcano's flavor text from the first game, which was "Pele demands a sacrifice!"
- Creates a fire cloud on impact, spreading fire damage to enemies near the impact point.
- Highest drop chance during moon shot.
- Drop Rate 6.02%
See: Dandy Volcano
Sub Machine Guns
Drops from Madame Von Bartlesby,loot midgets.
- "Who's a widdle gunny wunny!!!"
- On fling-reload, acts similar to a MIRV Grenade - the thrown gun creates another explosion.
- Drop Rate 4.2%
See: Hefty Baby Maker
Drops from BNK-3R, The Warrior, the Ancient Dragons of Tiny Tina's DLC.
- "yup. back."
- Boosted critical damage.
- Reaches max accuracy much faster than normal Hyperion guns, and accuracy doesn't erode as much when the player stops shooting.. Also has an abnormally large magazine, allowing the gun to stay at max accuracy for a much longer time.
See: Rightsizing Bitch
Drops from Assassin Wot, Assassin Oney, Assassin Reeth, or Assassin Rouf (Southpaw Steam & Power and Digistruct Peak).
- "you know... for him."
- When aimed, burst fire.
- Extra accuracy and recoil reduction.
Drops from Scorch (Frostburn Canyon) and the Sorcerer's Daughter.
- "We don't need no fire..."
- Every shot fired ignites target if not fire-resistant.
- Always fire element.
Drops from Tector & Jimbo Hodunk (The Dust), Handsome Dragon (Hatred's Shadow within the Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLC).
- Huge magazine.
- Fires 3 bullets per shot for 1 ammo cost, making it even more deadly.
- Always slag elemental effect.
See: Akurate Slagga
See: The Transformer
Drops from Pimon (Wildlife Exploitation Preserve).
- "There's more than meets the eye."
- Always has an electric immunity modifier.
- Acts like a normal absorb shield.
Flame of the Firehawk
Reward for completing Lilith's Cult Following quest chain.
- "From the ashes she shall rise."
- Fire Nova shield, but releases explosions once every couple of seconds while shields are down.
- The only Legendary that can be gained from a mission.
- Drop Rate 100%
Drops from DJ Hunter Hellquist (Arid Nexus - Boneyard), Treants (Tiny Tina DLC), and Pyro Pete.
- "Float like a butterfly..."
- Very high Amp shot damage with no drain from your shields.
- The Bee + Conference Call combo was patched for being game breaking, and now all shotguns and weapons with bullets/shells/rockets that are split between themselves were also nerfed, dividing amp damage per pellet/bullet/rocket, the Unkempt Harold and the Sand Hawk, despite this, weren't effected.
- Very easy to farm from the Treants.
- Drop Rate 3.5%
See: The Bee
Drops by the "BNK-3R" (The Bunker), Pyro Pete.
- "Wow. I can do this all day."
- Ridiculously high absorb chance for an absorb shield.
- Also has a very low recharge delay.
- The main problem with this shield is that it has a very low capacity, often being half or even less then a standard shield of your level.
- Drop Rate 5.13%
Drops from Henry (The Highlands-Overlook), and Pyro Pete.
- "...to the grave"
- When shield is depleted, it is thrown like a Tediore gun and causes a Nova Explosion.
Drops from Blue (Caustic Caverns), BNK-3R, Pyro Pete, and Badass Hyperion Loader.
- "Win by a hare."
- Movement speed is decreased when active, but is increased once shield is depleted.
- Huge shield capacity (largest in the game, about 170,000 at Player Level 50), in exchange for the decrease in health of about 20,000.
- Drop Rate 3.76%
See: Fabled Tortoise
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Drops from Hyperious, Pyro Pete, Chubby Enemies, and loot midgets.
- "Situation Normal..."
- When damaged, spawns boosters like normal booster shields:
- "...All foxtroted up"
- Causes Shock Explosions when spawned.
- Small chance to be white rarity with no special effects, (Be cautious with the elemental effects as they are usually dangerous)
Drops from Foreman Jasper (Opportunity), Pyro Pete, the Warrior, loot midgets, and chests.
- "You are the center of the universe."
- Nova shield that acts like a singularity grenade as well, pulling enemies towards you when depleted.
Drops from the Spycho, BNK-3R, and Pyro Pete.
- "For an impenetrable shield stand inside yourself."
- Gives health regeneration - the more the shield is depleted, the bigger the regeneration.
- No regeneration when shield is fully depleted, making it difficult to use.
- Drop Rate 2.1%
Drops from The Warrior (Vault of the Warrior), Butt Stallion, Handsome Sorcerer, Pyro Pete, and Chubby Enemies.
- "Vlad would be proud."
- Acts like a Spike Shield, but also shoots spikes at enemies who attack you from a distance.
Hide of Terramorphous
- "...His hide turned the mightiest tame..."
- Combination of a Roid Shield, Fire Spike Shield, and Fire Nova Shield.
- In UVHM the shield also has an immunity to an element status only seen fire, electric, and corrosive.
Drops from Boom & Bewm (Southern Shelf), and Torgue Vending Machines in the Torgue DLC.
- 2x more awesome, bonus extreme!"
- MIRV Grenade.
- Each spawned grenade acts like another MIRV Grenade and spawns 1 grenade when it explodes.
See: Lobbed Bonus Package
Drops from Badass Wizards (Tiny Tina dlc).
- "Don't pay it back, pay it forward."
- When used it shoots lighting from your hand.
- Can bounce off of surfaces to the enemy, and can hit more than one at a time.
- Regenerates ammo over time.
Drops from Loot Midgets, Chubby enemies, and Pyro Pete the Invincible.
- "Your sister is such a bitch."
- Bouncing Bettie grenade, but spawns another grenade every time it bounces similar to a MIRV Grenade, while still firing bullets.
Drops from Boll (Three Horns - Divide), and loot midgets.
- "Forget the curveball Ricky, give him the heater!"
- Small explosion radius.
- High damage.
- Incredible Speed.
- Short fuse time.
- Explodes on contact with enemies, but bounces high when thrown at the ground.
Drops from Ultimate Badass Varkid, and loot midgets.
- Always shock.
- Always singularity.
Drops from any lootable source by random.
- "Bees are coming!"
- Always incendiary.
- Sprays fire in a circular motion.
- Additionally shoots small missiles of fire in a circular motion.
Drops from Wilhelm (End of the Line), Flint (Bloodshot Stronghold), Pyro Pete, loot midgets, and Torgue Venders in the Torgue DLC.
- "The thunder shall bring forth the pain!"
- Always rubberized mirv.
- Causes an explosion on each bounce.
See: Rolling Thunder
Drops from The Warrior (Vault of the Warrior, Handsome Sorcerer, and loot midgets.
- "A skillful leech is better far, than half a hundred men of war"
- Always elemental.
- Acts like a Transfusion grenade, but all damage done immediately heals you instead of creating health orbs.
- Model to look after will be a slag MIRV seeker leech, due to multiple leeches spawned, and a good chance of the enemies hit to be slagged.
Drops from the Rat Brothers/Teenage Mutant Ninja Rats (Bloodshot Stronghold).
- "Sometimes lightning does strike twice."
- A combination of a MIRV & Tesla Grenade.
- On impact, creates a Tesla Grenade field, then launches out several child grenades that also create Tesla fields, smaller than the first initial explosion.
Drops from Vermivorous the Invincible, and Dragons of Destruction (Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragons Keep DLC).
- MIRV Longbow Grenade.
- Splits into child grenades during teleport.
Drops from Badass Fire Wizards (Lair of Infinite Agony and Dragon Keep)
- "What manner of a man are you that can summon up fire without flint or tinder?"
- Causes an instant explosion of fire damage where you aim. A short time later, a number of fireballs will rain down on the location as well, causing widespread fire damage.
- Slowly regenerates your grenade ammo.
Slayer of Terramorphous
Drops from Terramorphous (Terramorphous Peak).
- There is one for each character.
- All of them increases fire damage and chance of causing fire status effect, as well as increasing health and adding +4 to 5 different skills.
- Slayer of Terramorphous Siren Class Mod
- Slayer of Terramorphous Commando Class Mod
- Slayer of Terramorphous Assassin Class Mod
- Slayer of Terramorphous Gunzerker Class Mod
- Slayer of Terramorphous Mechromancer Class Mod
- Slayer of Terramorphous Psycho Class Mod
Legendary Class Mod
Drops from Vermivorous the Invincible, from other Raid bosses(not crawmerax), chubby enemies, and loot midgets.
- Legendary Commando Class Mod
- Legendary Assassin Class Mod
- Legendary Siren Class Mod
- Legendary Gunzerker Class Mod
- Legendary Mechromancer Class Mod
- Legendary Psycho Class Mod
Blood of Terramorphous
Terramorphous the Invincible (Terramorphous Peak)
- "...His blood could inspire..."
- This is the only known legendary relic in the game.
- Provides health regeneration.
5 from missions
Completing level 5 of "...To Pay the Bills" Challenge
Killing any Badass enemy
Killing Creepers, Caustic Caverns
Henry, The Highlands near Overlook (mission: Best Mother's Day Ever)
Terramorphous, Terramorphous Peak
Geary, Eridium Blight at Mount Hellsfont
Save file from the original Borderlands
Vermivorous the invincible
Ancient dragons of destruction
33 are earned from completing challenges.
8 are Item of the Day in shops found randomly (one for each manufacturer.)
2 are prizes from slot machines (2 for each class.)
14 drop from enemies and bosses.
8 are mission rewards.
They can also be purchased as DLC.
Orange (legendary). Reward for having at least 15 legendary items.