Kelvin is a hero in Battleborn
Is part of the Eldrid Faction.
A born leader arisen from within the ranks of the lowborn Jennerit Thralls, Kelvin was forever changed when his Imperium overseers implanted shard-powered tech throughout his body. He now fights to overthrow Rendain, beat back the Varelsi, and save his people.
Rank Unlock: Command Rank 38
Challenge Unlock: Win 5 matches as an Eldrid.
- Sublimate: Kelvin becomes a cloud of frigid air for a brief time, greatly increasing movement speed. Touching enemies deals damage and stuns them.
- Ice Wall: After a short delay, Kelvin creates a temporary impassible Ice Wall that will stun nearby enemies on spawn and block movement.
- Ice Fists: Kelvin’s primary attack deals damage with a series of melee strikes, while his secondary attack pounds the ground, dealing area-of-effect damage.
- Chomp: Bite an enemy, dealing a large amount of damage. If the target is killed, Kelvin gains permanent health. Instantly kills minor enemies.
- Permafrost: Kelvin gains temporary shield strength after he completes a skill.
- Ice Form: Kelvin’s dense crystalline ice shape is exceptionally durable, allowing him to soak up damage for his team.
|Option 1||Level||Option 2||Mutation|
|The Big Chill - Increases Kelvin’s health regeneration.||1||Coldclock - Every fourth melee hit applies a brief slow to nearby enemies.||Increases Kelvin’s maximum health. +360 Max Health|
|Quick Bite - Damaging an enemy with Chomp increases Kelvin’s movement speed for a short time.||2||Strong Wind - Increases the bonus shield strength imparted by Permafrost when Kelvin activates Sublimate.||Chomp deals bonus damage equal to 3% of Kelvin’s current health|
|Swelling Wind - The longer Kelvin remains in his Sublimate form, the more his movement speed increases.||3||Icemaker - Replaces Sublimate’s stun effect with an icy trail that slows enemies.|
|Mastication Restoration - A portion of Chomp damage is returned to Kelvin as health.||4||Slow Food - Chomp deals increased damage against slowed enemies.||30% of the damage dealt by Chomp is returned to Kelvin as shield strength.|
|Ice VI - Increases the bonus shields imparted by Permafrost.||5||Blue Ice - Kelvin takes reduced damage when Permafrost is active.|
|Windchill - While Sublimated, damaging major enemies increases the skill’s duration.||6||Consume - Killing an enemy with Chomp drastically decreases Sublimate’s cooldown time.|
|Groupthink - Kelvin’s health regeneration rate increases when he’s near allied Battleborn.||7||Icy Force - Increases the push back effect of pounding the ground.|
|Hibernation - Kelvin regenerates health faster while Sublimated.||8||Windy Season - Decreases Sublimate’s cooldown, allowing more frequent use.|
|Overeater - Reduces the cooldown of Chomp, allowing more frequent use.||9||Sawtooth - Increases Chomp’s maximum health bonus damage.|
|Walled In - Hedronic Eruption scorches the earth, dealing damage over time to enemies in its area of effect. +240 Damage over 2 Seconds||10||Absolute Zero - Enemies in close range of an Ice Wall are slowed.|
Kelvin depends upon his temporary shields given by permafrost. Use chomp often. It can kill a minion instantly, making it efficenct to dive in and eat one, retreat with temporary shield, and dive right back in when cooldown is done. This will keep his health high and give you steady exp.
Kelvin is tough early game. Be patient and let his power grow.